/* Authors */
= WikiLit: A literature review of scholarly research on Wikipedia =
== Authors ==
* [[Chitu Okoli]] ([[user:
Chituokol1| Chitu]])* [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Moudy83 Mohamad Mehdi]
* [http://johnmolson.concordia.ca/en/graduate-programs/phd-program/phd-students/1911-mostafa-mesgari Mostafa Mesgari]
* [[Finn Årup Nielsen]] ([[user:fnielsen|fnielsen]])
* [[Arto Lanamäki]]
Please contact us at wikilit - at - okoli.org.
License and attribution: How to distribute or re-use this data ===== Site license === * Abstracts are the property of their respective copyright holders. * The rest of the wiki content is dual-licensed under the [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) 3.0 license] and under the [http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/summary/ Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL)], unless stated otherwise. "Dual license" means you can choose to use either one of the two licenses. === Attribution === * To attribute your use of this data in accordance with the [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ CC-BY-SA] and [http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/summary/ ODbL] licenses, please cite our [http://ssrn.com/abstract=2021326 working paper]: :' 'Okoli, Chitu, Mehdi, Mohamad, Mesgari, Mostafa, Nielsen, Finn Årup and Lanamäki, Arto, *** (March 13, 2012). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2021326 '' However, before you officially publish anything where you cite the working paper, please check here and on [http://ssrn. com/abstract=2021326 SSRN] to see if we have published the final version yet, so that you can cite that. * We have borrowed extensively from the forms, templates, semantic links, navigation structure and other presentation content from [ http://wikipapers.referata.com/wiki/User:Emijrp emijrp's] [ http://wikipapers.referata.com WikiPapers]. Many of the fields of the template in WikiLit follows the convention of WikiPapers.
== Key details about this literature review ==
* We describe the methodology in detail in a [http://ssrn.com/abstract=2021326 working paper]
; it is currently very rough, but should be updated by May 2012.
* We include '''only research about [http://www.wikipedia.org Wikipedia]''', not about any other [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki wiki] or any other [http://www.wikimedia.org/ Wikimedia Foundation project].
* We focused mainly on peer-reviewed journal articles (over
300) and PhD dissertations (over 25), and have systematically sought to include these. It is a huge project, and we had to draw a limit to what we would mainly focus on.* We have identified over 1,500 conference papers which we [[List of conference papers|list with their abstracts]]. However, in our detailed analysis we have included only 70 or so of the most highly-cited conference papers. Because of our limited time and resources, unfortunately we were unable to analyze more than that in detail. However, we can certainly do detailed analysis of any important conference papers that we left out--please point them out!* We do not include any items published after June 2011, after which the [http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter Wikimedia Research Newsletter] was formally inaugurated; we're letting them pick up from where we stop.* We have submitted a [ http: //wikimania2012. wikimedia . org / wiki / Submissions / Wikilit : _Ten_years_of_Wikipedia_research presentation proposal for Wikimania 2012] .
== Request for help ==
* Please [[List of articles to add|point out any peer-reviewed journal articles or PhD dissertations we have missed]] that were published before July 2011; we will certainly add these.
* Please [[List of articles to add|point out any other scholarly studies]] (especially conference articles and significant non-peer-reviewed work) that you feel should definitely be analyzed in detail. Although we have [[List of conference papers|listed 1,500 conference papers]], our limited time and resources only permits us to analyze a fraction of them in detail. So, please help us highlight the most important ones that we have not analyzed in detail, with a brief explanation of why they are particularly important.
* Please [[
Main_Page# How_can_I_create_a_new_page.3F|add any scholarly studies about Wikipedia that we have left out]]! Our restrictions in what we include are purely pragmatic due to time and resource limitations. If you want to add anything that we say that we don't have the time to do ourselves, [[ Main_Page# How_can_I_create_a_new_page.3F|please feel free to do so]]! Please add your own research and those of others that you know well. However, if you add a new article, please be sure to ***'''fill all input fields''' ***, since we will generally need complete data for our final analysis.
* Please add scholarly studies published in languages other than English! Because of our resource restrictions, we could only search for and include studies in English. However, we very much welcome inclusion of the excellent work done in other languages. There is no need to translate the free-text article information, but please use the English data fields to enable comparability of the data.
* Please suggest any data analysis or visualizations you would like to see as we synthesize and present the data.
* Navigate to any article or researcher
* Click the '''Edit with form''' link at the top of the page
* For articles,
** Basic properties: Basic bibliometric data for the article
** Identifiers: Links and bibliometric identifiers
as many topics from the category tree that are relevant for the article** Annotation: Relevant data related to the study that is pertinent to researchers. '''We need the most help here!'''
** Additional info: Other information for the article, mainly related to related media
=== How can I create a new page for a new article or researcher? ===
For adding new content to WikiLit, you can use the following forms:
* [[Form:Publication]]: journal articles, conference papers, theses, etc.
* [[Form:Researcher]]: researchers.
== How to
browse this site ==* Browse articles by research topics ( click [+] to expand the subcategories): <categorytree>Topics</ categorytree>