Information retrieval: The large collections of articles available in Wikipedia encouraged many researchers in the IR field to use corpuses extracted from Wikipedia. IR is a broad area of study that aims to build systematic approaches to solve various challenges related to providing information search and access. Among the large topics under the IR umbrella are textual or multimedia retrieval, information extraction, text classification, query processing, data mining, and other IR topics. The majority of the articles found developed new methods or algorithms to enhance the performance of IR systems in terms of the relevance of the information retrieved and the query execution time.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Cross-language information retrieval (6 P)
- ► Data mining (7 P)
- ► Geographic information retrieval (3 P)
- ► Multimedia information retrieval (4 P)
- ► Other information retrieval topics (8 P)
- ► Query processing (6 P)
- ► Ranking and clustering systems (15 P)