Difference between revisions of "Pivot tables"
(Added section header)
m (Protected "Pivot tables": Key site functionality ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)) [cascading])
Latest revision as of 18:22, November 7, 2013
Pivot tables and charts
Instructions for pivot tables and charts
Feel free to play around; you can't break anything since whatever you change only affects your own viewing session. If you want to restart with the default settings, then just refresh the web browser page. If you want to save your customizations and reload them later, then see the instructions for Save and Open in the Supplementary functionality below.
- Grid: Pivot table format
- Charts: Various pivot chart formats
- Do not change the "Studies" dimension! It should remain selected in the "Drag Dimensions" box, and should be the only item in the "Drop & Arrange Values" box. The pivot tables and charts count individual studies (publications, whether journal articles, conference articles or theses); thus, you must leave this setting unchanged for the pivot tables and charts to work.
- To view data fields, click and drag the fields you want to view from the "Drag Dimensions" box on the left into the appropriate box on the right:
- Normally you will view data fields by row or by column.
- You may also want to implement a 3D pivot table or chart by viewing data fields using report filters (the "Drop & Arrange Report Filter" box).
- Connect: Load any local or remote CSV file containing any data you like to manipulate it with this pivot tables and chart component.
- Open: Open an XML file with customized dataset settings previously saved using the Save button.
- Save: Save an XML file with your customizations of the dataset for reloading later using the Open button.
- Format: Modify the appearance of the data displayed.
- Options: Set options for viewing grand totals and subtotals.
- Styles: Change the colour theme of the pivot component.
- Export: Print or export the data in various formats.
- Zoom: Change the text size.
- Full screen: Display table or chart in full screen mode (ESC to cancel).