Information retrieval: The large collections of articles available in Wikipedia encouraged many researchers in the field of IR to use corpuses extracted from Wikipedia. IR is a broad area of study that covers various data and information problems. These include query or text retrieval, document classification, text categorization, data mining, and speech retrieval. The majority of the articles found developed new methods or algorithms to enhance the performance of IR systems in terms of the relevance of the information retrieved and the query execution time.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Cross-language information retrieval (6 P)
- ► Data mining (7 P)
- ► Geographic information retrieval (3 P)
- ► Multimedia information retrieval (4 P)
- ► Other information retrieval topics (8 P)
- ► Query processing (6 P)
- ► Ranking and clustering systems (15 P)